Jojoba oil can repair and protect your skin
The Seed of the Jojoba Tree
Jojoba oil is a liquid wax that comes from the jojoba seed. It contains vitamin E and B complex as well as chromium, copper, zinc and silicone.
Jojoba oil is also high in iodine, which gives it healing properties that repair and protect the skin.
Jojoba oil will provide all day moisturizer to the skin; the only downfall is that it can leave your skin with a shine. I like to use it before going to bed at night.
This oil is so similar to the human skin oil that it is said to trick the skin into thinking it is producing enough oil and therefore balances the oil production of the skin.
Your pores will not become blocked when using this oil and it is so gentle on the skin that it can be used as an eye makeup remover.
Some uses for Jojoba oil are: skin moisturizer, makeup remover, shaving prep (put some on before shaving) this will help prevent razor burn, massage oil, lip conditioner and hair conditioners (you an add a few drops to the conditioner you use or add it to your damp hair.
Jojoba oil is on of my favorite oils and as a soap and lotion maker I add it most of my creams and lotions. It may be more expensive than other oils, but the benefits are well worth it.
Some of the ways you can use jojoba oil for your own Natural Body care are:
· As a makeup remover – a makeup artist I know uses this over the expensive eye makeup removers you can buy in the stores. Simply put a few drops of jojoba oil on your fingers or on a cotton ball and wipe over your face and eyes. Jojoba oil is safe to use around the eye area – this is one of the many reasons why I use it in my skin care creams.
· Moisturizer – jojoba oil will not clog your pores, so applying to your skin after a bath or shower will help keep your skin moisturized.
· Hair Conditioner – massage into the scalp and hair and leave on for ½ hour before washing. It will help to relieve dryness of your scalp and condition your hair at the same time.
· Chap lips – if you suffer from dry chapped lips then simple smooth jojoba oil on your lips. It works really well as on overnight treatment for the lips.
· Cuticle oil – if your cuticles are dry and rough then place a drop or two of jojoba oil on them and rub in once or twice a day and in no time they will look wonderful.
· Pre Shave – applying a small amount of jojoba oil to facial or leg hair before shaving will help prevent razor burn on sensitive skin.
Jojoba oil has a very long shelf life.